http://dixieoutfitters.com

SHNV's Supporters for Apr. 2012:
Brock Townsend
Faithful Southron, THANK YOU!!


Southern Heritage <br>News and Views: Write up and pictures of H.K.'s trip thru SC

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Write up and pictures of H.K.'s trip thru SC

In case you don't know me I am Judi Price. My husband Homer is marching with H.K. and I am doing pickup at the end of each march. I will send you a picture of Homer and me later.

Here is what I wrote after each of the two above days. Dixie Outfitters is only about 10 miles from our house so after I dropped them off. I came back here to do a few things before picking them up.

Tuesday October 16, 2012 9:45 a.m.

Just dropped off Homer and H.K. on 25 for their march to Dixie Outfitters. Will meet them there about noon and we and H.K. will go to the Junction for lunch, then maybe back by here for H.K. to see the progress on the house and meet all the critters. Tomorrow we will meet H.K. in Easley and take him and Homer and who ever to where they start the march. Thursday the same at Clemson, and Friday in Walhalla, then Monday into Toccoa from the river bridge. Anyone is welcome to join us at any of them. Homer was the only one this a.m. when I dropped them off. If you want to know more or would like to join us, shoot me an email.

4:15 p.m.

After I wrote you the first one this a.m., I left here at 11:30 to go back up 11 to 25 to Dixie Outfitters. I passed Homer and H.K. just past 414 which is about two miles out. I talked with the fellas at Dixie Outfitters a while, bought two shirts then went back out to look down the road and here came the fellas. I took a couple of pictures of them coming up the road, we went in Dixie Outfitters to get drinks for the guys, and rest a bit then loaded up in the truck and went to the Junction for lunch. H.K. loved the Junction as we knew he would. Then we came back here to show H.K. the new house and walked around a bit, then took him back to his car. Tomorrow we will meet him at Dixie Lumber Company and take him to where ever he is going to start in Easley to walk back to Dixie Lumber Company. I took him some jelly and a cutting of the confederate rose. Then when we came back here gave him a sawtooth acorn to plant, a start of mint, a sassafras leaf, and some cedar boards Homer sawed on the sawmill.

Wednesday October 17th 2012

We met H.K. at Dixie Lumber Company in Easley and then Homer drove to

K Mart Plaza out of Easley. They decided to walk from there because 123 is just too dangerous for a longer walk. I drove back to Dixie Lumber to read and wait for them. When they got in, we made a few pictures, then decided to call it a day. H.K. went back to Asheville to catch up on correspondence etc.

Pictures 1-4 are of H.K. and Homer at Dixie Outfitters in Travelers Rest

Pictures 5-10 are from Dixie Lumber Company in Easley

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Please LIKE my
Freedom Watch
Facebook page
share it with friends


Please LIKE my
Southern Heritage News
& Views Facebook page
share it with friends.