http://dixieoutfitters.com

SHNV's Supporters for Apr. 2012:
Brock Townsend
Faithful Southron, THANK YOU!!


Southern Heritage <br>News and Views: Memories Evoked by Old South’s New Flag

Monday, June 06, 2011

Memories Evoked by Old South’s New Flag

Part 4 of a 4 part series

by Joan Hough

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
(John 8:32)

By the act of purchasing the wonderful, wonderful new POW-MIA flag and by calling its existence to the attention of others, anyone can join with the members of Dixie Defenders Camp No. 2086 and aid God by disseminating and reminding readers of Confederate truth.

Deo Vindice

One of the most poignantly meaningful attributes of the new flag is found on its great seal where inscribed are the words--"Deo Vindice." According to the message accompanying the flag, these words are defined by the designer to mean "God Vindicates."

The American Heritage Dictionary defines: "vindicate" as:

1. to clear of accusation, blame, suspicion, or doubt with supporting arguments or proof

2. to prove justification or support for

3. to justify or prove the worth of, especially in light of later developments

4. to defend, maintain, or insist on the recognition of

5. TO EXACT REVENGE FOR--TO AVENGE [emphasis added]

The American Heritage Dictionary defines “avenge” as:

1. to inflict a punishment or penalty in return for; revenge

2. to take vengeance on behalf of

3. from the Latin—to vindicate

Interestingly, four definitions of Deo Vindice given us by a Latin scholar are:

1. Where God is the Avenger 2. Because God is the champion 3. With God as our Avenger 4. God, the origin of our defender.

A Sweet Form of Confederate Vengeance

The telling of the Confederate truth is one of the sweetest forms of vengeance and of the very type that surely the good Lord would approve.

The idea of such truth-telling is captured in the words presented in the bit of verse below (just a portion of a poem) as an important idea in the battle to right Yankee wrongs.

Both Avenger meanings-- “one who revenges” and “defender”—as the definition of Vindice in the following bit of verse. “What was” refers to the Radical’s anti-Confederate propaganda. “What is” tells that it is still ongoing.

Heavy, heavy is my heart,
Tears course down,
Down this Southern face,
Yes, I weep because I know,
Oh, God do I know!

Oh, anguish! I know the truth,
It strikes me with its too sharp point,
Strikes deep in the heart of me,
It tears my soul, it clouds my reason,
Lying enemies accused my kin of treason.

That enemy of my kin is mine
Always and forever,
As the cross is my sign,
How long must what was remain an is?
How can what was, and still is hurt so much?

I hear a long dead whisper,
Feel a long death touch,
Hear a long dead plea,
“Is this too much?
“Seek vengeance, seek it for me,
At least make liars forsake the lie
And with truth testify.”

But how can I obtain what truth needs
When none with U.S. power heeds?
“Vengeance is mine,” saith the Lord,
“Deo Vindice, Deo Vindice,”

But how can I obtain what truth needs
When none with U.S. power heeds?
:Vengeance is mine,” saith the Lord,
“Deo Vindice, Deo Vindice.”
But I must add
“Let Vindice be aided by me.”

This poem by Joan Hough may be read in its three part entirety –one part on each of the following sites.

http://georgiaheritagecouncil.org/site2/commentary/hough_vindice_aided_pt1-042810.phtml

http://georgiaheritagecouncil.org/site2/commentary/hough_vindice_aided_pt2-042910.phtml

http://georgiaheritagecouncil.org/site2/commentary/hough-pledge_3_092407.phtml

(Flag purchase information at http://www.confederatepoweflag.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Please LIKE my
Freedom Watch
Facebook page
share it with friends


Please LIKE my
Southern Heritage News
& Views Facebook page
share it with friends.